Sunday, 2024-05-05, 3:18 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Clan NgO Forums » General section » News » Hello (Asking for help)
Hello
Flame_PhoenixDate: Monday, 2008-11-24, 1:50 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Hi guys, I am a new guy for this clan. The main reason I am here is because I have a project, CCFE. My project is already approved on THW and being hosted on another community, www.ddayworld.com but thing is that it is still in BETA version and I need some experienced coders to aid me in the project.

I talked to Hanky in THW he advised me to create this thread and ask for help, well here I am.
For those who don't know, don't think I am a newbie in coding, I am quite experienced ad good (or that is what I think) and I have many resources in THW and in Wc3c to prove so, nearly all made with vJASS coding.

Hoping to get some answers, Flame_Phoenix.

HankyDate: Monday, 2008-11-24, 2:14 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Moderators
Well how I already said in the pm. I would like it if your project get hosted at our homepage and that we can help you. But well, Im not the person who decide it. Darkt3mpl3r is the leader and he have to approve it or saying conditions what have to be made before your project get hosted.

Made by Smoe reworked by GiR aka Darkt3mpl3r

Flame_PhoenixDate: Monday, 2008-11-24, 12:18 PM | Message # 3
Private
Mmmmm, how do I contact Darkt3mpl3r ??

Darkt3mpl3rDate: Monday, 2008-11-24, 4:19 PM | Message # 4
Sergeant
Group: Administrators
Welcome to our community forum Flame_Phoenix.

Well, the actual thought about this page was to show the progress of our clan members,
but I think I can can arrange an exception. However I need to see the map before it decide wether it's getting hosted or not.

Reply and suggest a bnet meeting. I'm available this week

JonNnyDate: Monday, 2008-11-24, 9:36 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
Welcome Flame_Phoenix smile

Nice to see you in NgO
Keep on your work

Flame_PhoenixDate: Monday, 2008-11-24, 10:33 PM | Message # 6
Private
However I need to see the map before it decide wether it's getting hosted or not.

Ok, here is the map:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=95094&prev=search%3Dccfe%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Please note it is till a BETA version and it still has a lot of stuff to be done, thus the reason of I requesting help.
About meetings that will be quite hard, my hours is GMT, however I am in a busy week.

Nice to see you in NgO
Keep on your work

Thx =P

Darkt3mpl3rDate: Wednesday, 2008-11-26, 8:48 PM | Message # 7
Sergeant
Hanky, JonNny and me have been trough your map and we're sorry to tell you that we cannot accept the current state of the map.

You already said that the map is still in the alpha phase. And that's ok. Here are some points that we've noticed so far.

- The items which can be bought in the gnome store and other stores are making the game more hero directed. ( Able to destroy a base with just a hero.. )
- Bad Landscaping ( 3 - 4 years working on this map .. eh? )
- AoS Spawn Style doesn't fit to the map theme ( normal warcraft III fightstyle, bases and such.. )

declined, sorry

Flame_PhoenixDate: Thursday, 2008-11-27, 3:57 PM | Message # 8
Private
- The items which can be bought in the gnome store and other stores are making the game more hero directed. ( Able to destroy a base with just a hero.. )

That's because you are a newbie =P (don't worry, that's normal lol) If you buy items from the goblin, you will see they will benefit your armies a lot.
And yes, I know the map needs a LOT of balance, but I think I already said that.
Btw, let me guess, you played with the summoner ?

- Bad Landscaping ( 3 - 4 years working on this map .. eh? )

Yes the terrain is not the best. And yes 3-4 years. I should remind you, first I made map in GUI, than JASS and now vJASS, each time remaking all codes in the map.
The terrain and the main game systems also suffered drastical changes. About the terrain now that's up to my terrainer, Anachron, and he will make updates to it soon (trust me, you wouldn't want to know the first terrain).

- AoS Spawn Style doesn't fit to the map theme ( normal warcraft III fightstyle, bases and such.. )

You obviously know nothing about CvC maps. This is not and AoS map neither are the spawns. Just go to THW and download some CvsC maps and you will see my spawn system is by far one of the best.

declined, sorry

Well, I didn't submit the map to get it approved, I submited the map because I need help finishing it. It is ok if you don'0t wanna host it (I am not asking for it) I just wanna know if you can help me make it.
Now this is up to you, you can either choose help me making my map, or you can say you don't want to help because this will take a lot of work and because you only help people who don't need real help.

Message edited by Flame_Phoenix - Thursday, 2008-11-27, 3:59 PM

Darkt3mpl3rDate: Thursday, 2008-11-27, 7:10 PM | Message # 9
Sergeant
Quote (Flame_Phoenix)
That's because you are a newbie =P (don't worry, that's normal lol) If you buy items from the goblin, you will see they will benefit your armies a lot.
And yes, I know the map needs a LOT of balance, but I think I already said that.
Btw, let me guess, you played with the summoner ?

So a newbie can take out a map with a single orc blademaster?

Quote (Flame_Phoenix)
Yes the terrain is not the best. And yes 3-4 years. I should remind you, first I made map in GUI, than JASS and now vJASS, each time remaking all codes in the map.
The terrain and the main game systems also suffered drastical changes. About the terrain now that's up to my terrainer, Anachron, and he will make updates to it soon (trust me, you wouldn't want to know the first terrain).

Maps don't require vJASS to be good.Sure it's a nice extension, because of an easier coding. All they need is that they do not leak and are efficient.

Quote (Flame_Phoenix)
You obviously know nothing about CvC maps. This is not and AoS map neither are the spawns. Just go to THW and download some CvsC maps and you will see my spawn system is by far one of the best.

I've been playing Warcraft III for 5 years now. So tell me, what spawn style does DotA, EotA, ... have? It is definately an AoS Spawnstyle. Now if we're taking a closer look at your map, it's pretty similar too it.

Quote (Flame_Phoenix)
Well, I didn't submit the map to get it approved, I submited the map because I need help finishing it. It is ok if you don'0t wanna host it (I am not asking for it) I just wanna know if you can help me make it.
Now this is up to you, you can either choose help me making my map, or you can say you don't want to help because this will take a lot of work and because you only help people who don't need real help.

I know that you didn't post the map, nor want to get it approved from us. We're no map hosting site.
All I said with "declined" is, that I'm not going to support the map. You better think about the things you say, instead of contort words that other people say.
And no, I'm not the guy who doesn't help people who don't need "real" help. It's just that I cannot work with ... we better forget about this, because you're just going to quote me once again and try to upend my assertion, which will lead in an infinite flaming.

Flame_PhoenixDate: Friday, 2008-11-28, 1:36 AM | Message # 10
Private
So a newbie can take out a map with a single orc blademaster?

Than your opponents were definitely newb ... The blademaster is a single killer he will eventually face great trouble when facing large armies (which is the purpose). I am happy you managed a good tactic with that hero though, it is one of my favorites (usually I have people complaining about summoner being super unbalanced, this is a new one...)

Maps don't require vJASS to be good.Sure it's a nice extension, because of an easier coding. All they need is that they do not leak and are efficient.

Maps that are not vJASS will never reach the peak of efficiency, no matter what you do; and yes, I am only considering JASS.This is one of the reasons (besides modularity) that forced me to remake the map (once again).

I've been playing Warcraft III for 5 years now. So tell me, what spawn style does DotA, EotA, ... have? It is definately an AoS Spawnstyle. Now if we're taking a closer look at your map, it's pretty similar too it.

If you are going to judge my map based on Dota, than it only means you didn't get the point of it. And if it is to simillar to Dota, well, it has some similarities of course (because it is a spawn system, it will always have) but you can't deny they are different. In upcoming versions you will be able to upgrade the spawns and such.

I know that you didn't post the map, nor want to get it approved from us. We're no map hosting site.
All I said with "declined" is, that I'm not going to support the map. You better think about the things you say, instead of contort words that other people say.
And no, I'm not the guy who doesn't help people who don't need "real" help. It's just that I cannot work with ... we better forget about this, because you're just going to quote me once again and try to upend my assertion, which will lead in an infinite flaming.

This is not for you to work with, it is for me to work with, I just requested some support. And no, I don't think I flamed you, I just find funny your answer. What were you expecting from a BETA stage ?? a map 75% done ? a super gold version balanced map ?

Message edited by Flame_Phoenix - Friday, 2008-11-28, 1:37 AM

JonNnyDate: Saturday, 2008-11-29, 3:42 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant
Quote (Flame_Phoenix)
Than your opponents were definitely newb ... The blademaster is a single killer he will eventually face great trouble when facing large armies (which is the purpose)

So surrounding a lvl 5 Blademaster with a whole fricking army of 16 full teched Bears and looking how he kills one by one getting invulneable all the time cuz of one item and going into windwalk after kiling 10 of them is playing like a "newb"? sry , then i dont get the intention of the map why you mixed a meele map with spawnings

I would also suggest some custom spawn , with knowing that there are Soldier and Sniper some units have an advantage because of their attacktypes

Quote (Darkt3mpl3r)
Maps don't require vJASS to be good

I agree , of course its better to make them efficient but its not extremely important. e.g. Do you know MooMoo 1.6 ? i love this map and is great to play on lan parties , even it has a big amount of leaks
Good maps do not have to be hyper cleaned and perfectly scripted - gameplay and the main idea matters

I see potential in your map , if you work on it (balancing , adding custom aspects,.. ) it can get quite good
It does not contain special new things , but its the mix of some old

I saw the Spells you made and they are really good, you also used many in your map..
But , what the hell did you do within 3-4 years while working on this map? Whats the special system you are talking about? I see a spwan , some moving shops , an unfinished tutorial and custom races and custom Heroes with Spells

Message edited by JonNny - Saturday, 2008-11-29, 3:43 AM

Flame_PhoenixDate: Friday, 2008-12-26, 8:27 PM | Message # 12
Private
So surrounding a lvl 5 Blademaster with a whole fricking army of 16 full teched Bears and looking how he kills one by one getting invulneable all the time cuz of one item and going into windwalk after kiling 10 of them is playing like a "newb"? sry , then i dont get the intention of the map why you mixed a meele map with spawnings

My bad, I though you were talking about the Chaos Orc BladeMaster and not the Orc blademaster. I must apologize I didn't understand the message well.
MM, that is very unbalanced in deed. I am totally open to suggestions !

I would also suggest some custom spawn , with knowing that there are Soldier and Sniper some units have an advantage because of their attacktypes

Well, I have "wavers" shops that spawn extra units like wolfs, water trees and aliens. Please explain custom spawn better I find it interesting.

- gameplay and the main idea matters

I know, that's why I request help for my map ... yet no one will play a map that gets laggy after 5 seconds, no matte how good tam game is.

I see potential in your map , if you work on it (balancing , adding custom aspects,.. ) it can get quite good
It does not contain special new things , but its the mix of some old

Again, that is why I am requesting help. I am open to suggestions.

I saw the Spells you made and they are really good, you also used many in your map..
But , what the hell did you do within 3-4 years while working on this map? Whats the special system you are talking about? I see a spwan , some moving shops , an unfinished tutorial and custom races and custom Heroes with Spells

There is no unfinished tutorial ...
And I already explained why I took so long. Besides this version many other versions were done, including game modes, micro arena modes and reward systems, which took years to make, but turned out to be useless in the end. I didn't became what I am today from day to night, you must also understand that, learning takes time as well.

Added (2008-12-26, 8:27 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Ok guys, I am back. Version 1.5 was released, however it is not as good as I wanted. The main reason for this is because Anachron, the terrainer, could not upgrade the terrain, thus bringging vital balance constants to the game. However, I am willing make version 1.6 better, as long as it involves coding and not stuff about terrain or player positions. In this version I would like the map to be decently balanced.

Therefore, I am humbly asking for people from this clan, to give suggestions about balance issues you may have found when testing the map.

So far the issues I have in mind:
- The invulnerable shield is too strong; solution is to change the change the chances from 7% to 5%
- The summoner is unbalanced like hell; solution is to remake the hero, I need ideas...
- Summon items too strong; I think I should add a "Kill" request, like you must kill 50 units before you can get this item. An easier solution would be to increase the gold cost

I would appreciate any help I could get in the Christmas holidays.

Flame_Phoenix

Message edited by Flame_Phoenix - Friday, 2008-12-26, 8:29 PM

Darkt3mpl3rDate: Saturday, 2008-12-27, 4:50 AM | Message # 13
Sergeant
Dynasti, I am happy you want to learn. I am also available to help you.
My msn is: flame.phoenix.sor at g m a i l . c o m (at = @, without the spaces ! this was done to prevent spam BOTS from getting my e-mail).
Well, the first thing about vJASS, you are in a nice clan for that effect, yet you must know some of their techniques are now considered archaic and there is no proof of their knowledge so far. Sure they have good coders, but the real point here, is becoming better than them, because that is possible.
Try visiting wc3campaigns.com
You will find this website the most evil place, where people will try to destroy your codes in every way. If you survive it as I did, You will become a great Jasser.

However, you must wait for now, I have a busy week full of exams and such, so if you want my help, you will have to do so by using the PM system.

Also be warned, don't fall in the darkness of NGO, although they are very good coders, as I said, you can be better.

This is boldness. And you still want us to help you ?

You better consider yourself before posting such things. Any explanations for it?

btw vJASS is not archaic in any way. ( which we all code. )

Flame_PhoenixDate: Saturday, 2008-12-27, 2:22 PM | Message # 14
Private
This is boldness. And you still want us to help you ?

You better consider yourself before posting such things. Any explanations for it?

btw vJASS is not archaic in any way. ( which we all code. )

I don't know what "boldness" means, but yet I think you are thinking "hey, he just said we suck!". My true intention was never to say such a thing, i feel forced to state the fact that you miss understood my point. If I though you guys suck, I wouldn't be here asking for help, and most important I wouldn't say "theyhave good coders".
Thing is, in my point of view, some of your techniques are now considered old, it has nothing to do with about vJASS. Per example, I will talk about Hanky because he is the coder I know best. Afaik, last time we talked, I got the message he still destroys boolexpr, per example. That is now considered old, because we can make them global and reuse them all the time. Same with groups and now, specially, timers(now for me, I am learning new ways to use them).
Still, (assuming I got the right messsage) that does not invalidate that he is one of the best coders I know and that he makes great spells as well (he also is a mod in THW, for those who don't know).
My point is, you guys are good coders, that is truth, but if some one can become better, why not ? IMHO you guys are not the best in the world, (I know I am also not the best for sure) but you guys are good enough for me.
I really don't understand why you got so angry at me.

I hope this confusion is all explained, I really don't want any hard feelings with you guys, you also should keep in mind some people from this clan are my friends, so saying that the clan they belong to "sucks" wouldn't be much of a good idea to keep them ....

Message edited by Flame_Phoenix - Saturday, 2008-12-27, 2:23 PM

Darkt3mpl3rDate: Saturday, 2008-12-27, 3:20 PM | Message # 15
Sergeant
Actually, yeah this sorts out that misunderstanding. But still, the message seems to try making the clan bad. Oh well, at least a bit, but we do not have to talk about this anymore I guess.

However, we can't agree helping you right away. Due to other maps we need to get done we're are pretty busy.
I recommend you also search for experienced gamers to test your map. You need to play full house games to make sure you really get the points where the game needs to be balanced. From my point of view we can test and suggest, but not edit the map. Maybe when we are more into the map we might help out with other stuff.

Clan NgO Forums » General section » News » Hello (Asking for help)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Clan NgO © 2024Powered by uCoz