[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: JonNny, Hanky  
Clan NgO Forums » Discussions » Flood Dimension » [vJass] Spell import tutorial
[vJass] Spell import tutorial
HankyDate: Friday, 2008-06-20, 6:25 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Moderators
Hello, today I want to tell you something about of "How you import vJass Spells". Well, I will use a example of my spellpack to show you whats important.

Step 1.)
Check if you got the latest "JassGenNewPack". If not download it there: Link

Step 2.)
At first set up your editor right. For example turn on the "JassHelper" and turn off the "WE Syntax Checker". Like in this pictures.

Step 3.)
Did you set up all correctly? Well ok now we are ready to import the spell Boomerang from my spellpack. If you dont have the Spellpack you can download
it there: Link

Now we copy all stuff from the spell. In my spellpack there is also import list. The import list of the Boomerang looks like this:

-Boomerang:
> Spell ("Ability Editor")
> Dummy Missile ("Unit Editor")
> dummy.mdx
> Mainscript
> Spellscript
> JassGenNewPack 5a or later

So we now at first copy the script of the spell and the mainscript. If you dont know where the spellscript or mainscript is look there:

Edit: After some updates you also have to import the storage trigger. There are 2 storage systems you can choose.

After we imported all the script, we import the spell from the ability editor and the dummy from the unit editor.

Also we should import the dummy.mdx from the import editor.

Step 4.)
We imported all and you really guess its done? Well not really. Because we have to check if all Object IDs fit. So look if the ability id in the script is the same
like the id of the ability.

If all fit the spell is completly imported.

Extra Hints:
If you get errors like "Function redeclared: <functionname>" then you got two functions with the same name so you should
remove one. For example if there's the error "Function redeclared: H2I" the function "H2I" is in the script two times. So remove
the one H2I function and you will see no more errors.

Some of the spells in my spellpack got "Buffspells" that means the dummy for example cast buff stuff at enemy units. So that
means its also needed for the spell. So I just can give you the hint to copy all with the name of the spell you want in the ability
editor and import it in your map.

Whatever a spell of my spellpack is used. Import the mainscript.

And for all who don't understood this tutorial I have made a video tutorial, here you got:

The new version of the import tutorial. Enjoy...

If you want more quality download the movie there:
Mirror

Hope this will help all those guys who dont understand how to import a vJass spell.

Made by Hanky.

P.S.: Happy birthday Waradius. smile

Made by Smoe reworked by GiR aka Darkt3mpl3r

HankyDate: Friday, 2008-08-15, 2:11 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant colonel
*Tutorial Update*

TheCheeseLoverDate: Friday, 2008-08-15, 5:03 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant
Group: Users
I downloaded the JassGenNewPack but i dont know how to put it in World Editor. Can you help me plz?

HankyDate: Friday, 2008-08-15, 5:45 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
Well its very easy just unzip all stuff in a folder you want. If you got the newest Warcraft 3 version 1.22 you must replace the new worldedit.exe with the old otherwise it won't run. If you dont got the old worldedit.exe download it there: Click Me After you made this just run the worldeditor exe of the jassgennewpack. And there you are.

zseriuszDate: Saturday, 2008-09-20, 5:58 PM | Message # 5
Private
i have a problem when importing the spell bloody run, i did it, and it works yeah, but when the spell its suposed to end and the caster supossed to become to the normal form and use another powers, he doesnt. I mean my hero still with transparency and cant use powers later i have used the bloody run. why '??? :S

Darkt3mpl3rDate: Saturday, 2008-09-20, 8:54 PM | Message # 6
Sergeant
Group: Administrators
Strange that the spell just interrupts. It shouldn't occur.

Can you send me the spellmap via rapidshare.com ?

I'll take a look at it

zseriuszDate: Sunday, 2008-09-21, 6:44 PM | Message # 7
Private
i have sended you via pm

and if you could tell me how to change the effect of the spell, i mean, the bloody run, makes some effects in red when the hero runs, how can i change that effects to another one?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Modified message -

I tried today other spell, Berseker Rage. And the same happens, my caster uses the spell, and then he cant use another one, why :S ?

Message edited by zseriusz - Monday, 2008-09-22, 11:37 PM

HankyDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-01, 2:11 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
Hmm... when dark havent said it you already per pm i will say it you. In every spell in the spellpack is a header. Above every header is the word constants. One line under constants is the word globals. All this constant variables till endglobals are modificateable. Maybe I will add in future versions for every constant a description. And somewhere in this constant variable pool are the models for the spell. Most the variables got at end of their names words like MDLPATH or something like this. And this are the models I used for the spell. Just change the model path and there you have a new model inside the spell.

Lejon222Date: Monday, 2010-06-21, 0:47 AM | Message # 9
Private
Hey i wonder the link to JassGenNewPack is it really down beacous when i try to click on it it says the page can not be found or maybe down so i wonder if there is an other way for me to get JassGenNewPack så i can try your nice spell book

HankyDate: Thursday, 2010-06-24, 3:50 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
Well wc3c is down. But yes there are other links to the JassNewGenPack. There you go.

Clan NgO Forums » Discussions » Flood Dimension » [vJass] Spell import tutorial
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Clan NgO © 2024Powered by uCoz