Sunday, 2024-05-05, 10:19 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Hanky  
Clan NgO Forums » Hosted projects » OWHL Ice Hockey Gold » Ice Hockey Pub (Talk about the map/mod OWHL Ice Hockey.)
Ice Hockey Pub
HankyDate: Saturday, 2008-08-02, 5:18 PM | Message # 16
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Moderators
Quote (JonNny)
Quite funny idea but in my opinion it will end in spamming clicks which takes the tactic a bit away

Of course it will spamming clicks wink who wouldnt spam if he know that he gonna get faster.
Quote (JonNny)
yep , more realistic.. but isn it hard enought to score a goal already? anyway , would be cool

Yea for some guys its quite hard to shoot in the goal. Lets see how it is after the keeper ai update.
Quote (JonNny)
hmm.. thats good for balancing that you have a chance to prevent a goal , but as darky said , need to be tested

Of course it must be also be tested like point 2.
Quote (JonNny)
dunno really but i think its quite good at the moment without it

Well yes but how I said could be usefull for modem 56k guys or noobs or both the same time. I already talked with wara that we maybe should add a noob detection system what automaticly replace the player with a bot.
Quote (JonNny)
i do not really like the stun but beeing able to collide with someone is funny in my opinion

Well the only problem is currently when you cant slide through how I should make then the puck collection. Should I make it then if you hit the puck ower you get the puck?
Quote (JonNny)
hmm.. i think it would be ok if Team 1 always got the kick off or let player one decide but adding a minigame would be a bit confusing and the kick off at the start is not such a great advantage

Well ok you are right ...

Made by Smoe reworked by GiR aka Darkt3mpl3r

HankyDate: Saturday, 2008-09-06, 8:20 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant colonel
How you like the current version? What I could add and what I could change?

AnominesDate: Wednesday, 2008-09-17, 4:30 PM | Message # 18
Private
Group: Checked
Hey, i just saw the new Trailer.
I think its a bit too long, but i like the music you use.
I think shorter epic szenes would be better than long Gameplay parts.
Btw whos the Artist of the Music? Its kind of Industrial isnt it?

www.archers.tk

HankyDate: Wednesday, 2008-09-17, 4:48 PM | Message # 19
Lieutenant colonel
Hmm maybe the trailer is to long. But I just wanted to show the gameplay, if someone could make a gametrailer for me it would be really great. Because I dont got enough time to make extra a good gametrailer ;). Yea the music well I used parts from infected mushrooms as music. When you are more interested I can send you per pm the correct album name.

HankyDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-01, 2:02 PM | Message # 20
Lieutenant colonel
Hey what you think about these ideas. I already talked with dark and jonnny abit and currently that's the plan:

I will add a new option. At the start you can select if you enable the upgrade mode. With the upgrade mode you can upgrade your armor or also your helmet etc.. For example that you can't dashed by someone so hard like normal or that you can slide faster or that you shoot faster etc.. Of course I have to add a new formula for that. But currently I haven't any idea when you get credits/money to upgrade your stuff.

Also I have made a new gameloop. I will add today a attachment that you can hear how it sound like.

The third thing I do I'll give the multiboard a new design and of course I will add a new adrenalin ability.

So how are your ideas. Got you also some other ideas? Well if you got please post it I really need ideas ;). Ok thank you for all suggestions and comments in advanced.

JonNnyDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-01, 3:19 PM | Message # 21
Lieutenant
Quote (Hanky)
But currently I haven't any idea when you get credits/money to upgrade your stuff.

Yep , thats the problem i also though of, because credits will overlap with XP

in my opinion you could give credits for these action :
1. You shoot a goal (sth like +10 $ and +2 $ for your team) / You do a shot on the goal but its cought by the Goalie ( +2 $ )
2. You make a successful pass ( +3 $ )
3. You get/steel the puck ( +1/2 $ )
4. You successfully use your Adrenalin ability ( +2 $ )
5. You successfully ram an enemy ( +2 $ )

And upgrade could cost :
1->2 5$
2->3 7$
3->4 9$
4->5 11$

Its just a suggestion i can give you

HankyDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-01, 4:00 PM | Message # 22
Lieutenant colonel
Quote (JonNny)
5. You successfully ram an enemy ( +2 $ )

Hmm.. I think all points you said are ok. Just this with the ram because you have many colliding in the map wink 2 points for every collide would be to much. But yes all other points sounding good.

Aww.... and not that I forgot it. Do you think that following is ok for the upgrade system:
You enter the upgrade system with a ability which got your Hockey Player. You navigate through the system with keys. Since just 3 keys are needed I think thats ok. During you are in this upgrade menu your camera will be focused on your hockey player. And your hockey player will be still moveable. The upgrade btw will appear at the multiboard at the bottom.

What do you think?

JonNnyDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-01, 5:01 PM | Message # 23
Lieutenant
ok , Credits for ramming are too much but i thought your going to add a punish or additional ram ability like dash just in small

If its easy to see , why not but i fear that it could be too small and hard to see at the botom of the Multiboard
i think you can disable the normal one while being in the upgrad menue

HankyDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-01, 5:06 PM | Message # 24
Lieutenant colonel
Hmm... did I said that? ... hmm well my brain dont remember me remember that I said that I will add dashstrength as attribute ... but dunno... hmm what had I said about this ramming exactly? biggrin

Hmm yes I could make a extra Menu but wouldnt it be the same since the multiboard become not smaller when just make the multiboard longer at the bottom during you are in the menu ... but dunno ... I also can make a second multiboard...

Darkt3mpl3rDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-01, 9:03 PM | Message # 25
Sergeant
Group: Administrators
In my opinion the idea of the upgrade is a good one. It makes the game more unique and allows you to create your own hockey player and defeat enemy players with your own playstyle

JonNny allready posted some nice credit ideas. But I strongly disaggree to point 4 & 5. Gettings points for ramming would make people less intent to the actually purpose of the game. Shooting goals.

About the item-shop. We could implent some kind of full-screen-inventory. Already seen in TcX AoS and several RPGs. Only flaw is, that it makes mapsize due to the imagefiles that are required. Or we just stick to the original item-shop system and add some kind of backpack to the player

HankyDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-01, 9:10 PM | Message # 26
Lieutenant colonel
Yeah a fullscreen inventory would be nice. But I think the breaks are to short. But I dont want to let the player long wait. So I thought during the game. Well it would be easy to make a half screen inventory but the performance would be very fucked. Because I would have to update often the image positions. Because of that I think the multiboard would be the best solution.

And there for all who didn't heart it already the new gametheme of ice hockey. And damn I have to give no credits :P cause the loop is made by me.

Attachments: gameloop.mp3 (177.1 Kb)

Darkt3mpl3rDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-01, 9:13 PM | Message # 27
Sergeant
Group: Administrators
I'm so fucking famous that I already heard the gameloop yesterday. God damn I'm so pro.

I like the "Zuuuiii" ;)) Make a 3-5 min track if you got time.

HankyDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-01, 9:18 PM | Message # 28
Lieutenant colonel
Yea if I got time I will make one. Well but I think after the octoberholidays I will finished it :D. Good that you like the music :D.

HankyDate: Monday, 2009-01-05, 3:07 AM | Message # 29
Lieutenant colonel
Ok the new version of Ice Hockey is released. Please post your impressions and thoughts, what could be improved and what you think about the new version and their changes?

JonNnyDate: Monday, 2009-01-05, 3:16 PM | Message # 30
Lieutenant
Wohoo , finally its released !

sad and i cannot test it untill i fixed my PC :<

Damn , i wanna test it so hard , the changelog looks great

Clan NgO Forums » Hosted projects » OWHL Ice Hockey Gold » Ice Hockey Pub (Talk about the map/mod OWHL Ice Hockey.)
Search:

Clan NgO © 2024Powered by uCoz